The families must:
- Obtain a certificate of good conduct
- Have family insurance
- Not have any conditions regarding the origin, religion, or other discriminating factors regarding the young dancer.
- Live in Liège or close suburbs to drive the student into the city or close enough for them to easily travel using public transport if needed.
- Have a bedroom for one person or a room to share with a child in the family.
- Have a suitable area where the dancer can quietly work.
- Preferably be a non-smoking household.